Five Ideas For Your “Something Blue”October 8, 2020
Five Ideas For Your “Something Blue”
We all know the saying: “something old, something new / something borrowed, something blue.” This Old English tradition has been around for centuries, but why stick with the tried and true methods when you can incorporate something new? We came up with five ideas for your “something blue” that we think you’ll love, whether you want to go all out with blue bridesmaids dresses or opt for fancy blue footwear.
- Getting married in the spring? Choose a pale blue bouquet of hydrangeas as yourÂ something blue – these seasonal flowers add the perfect touch to your special day.
- While most brides choose to carry their “something blue,” this special tradition can be incorporated into your reception with blue table linens, candle votives, and stemmed glassware. Opting for lighter shades of blue can mix beautifully with any color palette, so have at it!
- Adorn your flower girls in flower crowns made of bright blue hydrangeas (our springtime favorite!) and dresses in a contrasting hue
- Or, serve your guests pastries in an array of gorgeous blue hues, from a sky-blue wedding cake to navy blue petit fours. If you’d rather keep with tradition and serve your guestsÂ a white cake at your wedding, embellish it with a handful of blueberries stacked around the tiers.
- One of our favorite ways to incorporate “something blue” into your wedding – fancy footwear! Whether you want to take a page out of Carrie Bradshaw’s book with her royal blue heels from Manolo Blahniks or lace up a pair of glittery Kate Spade kicks, you can’t go wrong with incorporating this trend into your big day! Plus, the shoes will serve as a memorable keepsake for years to come.
If you’re planning on incorporating any of these methods into your special day, let our list of preferred vendors across the Gulf Coast help! From choosing deep hued floral arrangements to the perfect blue-iced cupcakes, let them take some of the planning off your shoulders! Don’t forget to give us a call today to find out how we can make your dream beachfront wedding in Destin come true.
This entry was posted in Tips and tagged Destin Bay House weddings, Something Blue, Wedding Ideas, Weddings in Destin. Bookmark the permalink.