Planning a Micro-Wedding in DestinSeptember 10, 2020
Planning a Micro-Wedding in Destin
If you’re finding that your nuptials have been postponed or affected in any other way by the pandemic, you aren’t alone! Many couples are having to find ways to still safely celebrate their special day. Fortunately, micro-weddings are having a big moment right now. Micro-weddings are weddings with small guest lists – usually family and close friends – which allow for guests to practice proper social distancing guidelines while celebrating with their loved ones. Planning a micro-wedding in Destin is easier than you may think, and we’d love to host your special day at our Destin wedding venue! Learn how to plan your own micro-wedding in Destin with some of our tips below:
- Choose your venue – If you’re trying to keep your guest list small, our outdoor wedding venue is perfect for your micro-wedding in Destin! Plus, we’ve got plenty of outdoor space for your ceremony and reception to ensure that everyone will feel safe. Safely seating your guests is paramount, so utilizing our outdoor space will allow for enough distance to keep your guests safe. Learn more about our floor and site plans here.
- Determine your guest list – If you’ve been feeling pressure about inviting a large number of guests, take having a micro-wedding and keeping your guest list small as a blessing. This is the time to keep the guest list small by limiting it to just family and close friends. You can still keep other would-be guests and out of state visitors included by mailing them a card with a link to your wedding website, where you can share photos, videos, and moments of your special day.
- Pick your vendors – Sadly, we are seeing vendors have to deal with cancellations this year due to the pandemic. For you, this means a vendor you may not have been able to use for your original date may now be available! Be sure to contact these vendors as soon as possible to ensure that they are available for your new dates.
- Keep your reception safe for guests¬†– Think less “reception” and more “dinner party.” Try to have single-serve drinks and food for your guests rather than serving meals buffet-style. Pre-plated¬†hors d’oeuvre and pre-poured cocktails will keep your guests feeling safe. Ask your caterer if they can serve dinner to each guest restaurant-style rather than letting everyone line up and serve themselves.
- Celebrate! –¬†It’s your special day, and we just know that you and your guests will cherish this moment for years to come. Contact us today for more information about planning a micro-wedding in Destin!
This entry was posted in Tips, Weddings and Events and tagged Destin Wedding Venue, Event Venue in Destin, Planning a Micro-Wedding in Destin. Bookmark the permalink.