How to Reschedule Your WeddingSeptember 3, 2020
How to Reschedule Your Wedding
Let’s face it – no bride or groom¬†wants to reschedule their wedding. However, with the twists and turns 2020 is taking, that is an unfortunate reality for some. If you’re a couple who needs to reschedule their nuptials to a later time, we understand. We’re here for you! We know this is a difficult decision to make, but the sooner you can get ahead of it, the smoother the process will be. Here are a few tips to follow if you need to reschedule your wedding this year.
First, take a deep breath!
- Notify your venue – The most important part is to¬†not cancel your wedding. Contact your venue as soon as you know you need to reschedule to see if you can choose a different date. Be sure to go in with a few different options depending on their availability.¬†
- Tell your guests – Once you’ve secured a new date and have made the official decision to reschedule your wedding, notify your guests as soon as possible. If you can, try not to let a post on Facebook be your only method of communication. Start with an email, then follow up with a text or phone call if you don’t hear back. You’ll need to give your guests enough time to reschedule things like travel and accommodations as well.
- Contact your vendors – Vendors understand that this year is unprecedented for engaged couples, so notifying them of a change in your date is key. Be sure to confirm availability with day-of vendors including photographers, florists, and caterers. If you’re a bride who has rescheduled and you’re looking for new vendors, visit our list of preferred vendors to find your perfect fit.
- Postpone any orders – If you have custom orders like flowers or invitations, ask the florist or designer to freeze the order as soon as possible – that way, you aren’t ordering fresh blooms that will go to waste or ordering invitations with the wrong date.
- Stay flexible – It’s possible that you’ll need to be flexible when choosing a new date or new vendors for your wedding. Staying flexible is key when you have to reschedule your wedding, and we guarantee that your guests and your vendors will be understanding. The only thing more stressful than rescheduling once is rescheduling twice!
Contact us more information on our Destin wedding venue and how we can help plan your special day!
This entry was posted in Tips and tagged How to Reschedule Your Wedding, Rescheduling Your Wedding, Wedding Tips. Bookmark the permalink.