Five Ideas For “Something Borrowed”October 31, 2018
Five Ideas For “Something Borrowed”
Check out our Five Ideas for Your “Something Blue” blog post here!
When it comes to finding the perfect “something borrowed” for your wedding, it can be difficult figuring out where to start. The origins of “something borrowed” stem from the tradition of passing down an item from a happily married close friend or family member. The item passes down the same good fortune over to the new bride. To make your search a little easier, we narrowed down our favorite five ideas for “something borrowed” just for you!
- The veilÂ – Borrowing a veil from your mom, grandmother, or even best friend is a wonderful way to incorporate this timeless piece into your wedding. A veil that has been passed from grandmother down to mom and then to daughter is our favorite way to incorporate such a sentiment!
- The dress – While some might say the dress would fall under the “something old” category, we think a dress can absolutely be the “somethingÂ borrowed!” Repurposing a dress from a special woman in your life for your big day is the perfect way to honor her.
- The gift from dad – Who says the “something borrowed” has to be from the women in your family? Tuck dad’s cufflink into your bouquet or hairdo, or wrap his wedding tie around your bouquet.
- The cake topper – Some families have cake toppers that pass down through generations, and we think this is a pretty “sweet” way to honor the couples before you! This works even better if the cake topper is text or a design.
- The words – Perhaps you heard a passage spoken at a loved one’s weddings or you loved your grandparents’ vows to each other. Incorporating these words into your own ceremony is an incredibly special and unexpected touch.
Let us help you plan every aspect of your beachfront wedding – yes, even down to these special touches! We’re here to make every step of the way as seamless as can be for you. Contact us today to learn more about how we can make your dream wedding come true!
This entry was posted in Tips, Weddings and Events and tagged Something Borrowed, Wedding Tips, Wedding Traditions. Bookmark the permalink.