Registry Planning TipsMay 16, 2018
Tips for Planning the Perfect Registry
Lots of couples would agree that planning a wedding registry can be exciting, but daunting at the same time. Where will you register? How will you decide what to include and exclude? It doesn’t have to be overwhelming! Destin Bay House is here to help you with our registry planning tips, including everything from the perfect price point to whether you really need another set of curtains.
- Think of your registry as an approved gift guide for your guests. It lets them know what you want and alleviates any stress of guests wondering what you’re interested in. If you and your significant other moved in together at a young age, you may already have everything you need. Your registry is a great way to upgrade any inexpensive cookware or furnishings you may have purchased early on. You can also look for items you may want to use as family heirlooms, from a beautiful china set to real silver.
- If you’re planning your registry online, make sure you read reviews before selecting the item! Look for the ones that are descriptive and honest — it will save you a lot of time returning a defective set of plates.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for what you really want! If you have your eye on a set of William-Sonoma pasta bowls, put them on your registry! It doesn’t hurt to ask, but itÂ doesÂ hurt to ask for an excess of things like waffle makers and skillets. How many do you truly need?
- Be prepared for people to not buy from your registry! Chances are you have a relative who saw something they know you would just love to have, but it’s not on your registry. And that’s okay! Accept it with grace and understand that
- Choose a top price and a low price, and somewhere in between. This is especially helpful for things like plate sets, so you’ll have a nice set for dinner guests and a more casual set for when it’s just the two of you.
- Don’t forget the thank you note! Sending thank you notes no later than two months after the wedding is usually customary, while gifts received before the wedding should have a thank you note about two weeks out. Sending a handwritten thank you note to your guests is a small step that goes a long way!
We hope you’ve enjoyed our registry planning tips! If you’ve chosen Destin Bay House as your Destin wedding venue, we can also help you choose the caterer, photographer, and even officiant! Give us a call today!
This entry was posted in Tips, Weddings and Events and tagged Beach Weddings in Destin, Destin Wedding Tips, Destin Wedding Venue, Get Married in Destin, Registry Planning Tips, Weddings and events. Bookmark the permalink.